looking for 5

This year has been a disappointment as far as quality of movie is concerned . only some genuinely good films have arrived the others have all been disappointing .The proof of that is that just 5 have somewhat worked this year out of which 4 were good movies Dev D ( Good,technically solid , great performances & intrepertation) , 99(Good Breezy, Funny), Raaz(well written & directed ) ,& of course New York (Good) .there were some movies genuinely good that didn’t work at the BO – Gulaal( my favourite so far) , Billu(rare clean entertainer) , (wonderfull) . But over all this year has been a disappointment as far as quality is concerned . inspite of this there is hope as some films are still to arrive that could get the audiences happy again . Here are 5 I m looking forward to :-

1.KAMINEY (releasing 14th August)
Dhan te dhan. Its rare why nobody had ever imagined to use these words for a song as it has been a part of Hindi masala movie culture for such a long time . This is going to be Vishal’s classic . the first promo itself as well as the song has set the adrenaline rushing . Shahid’s new look ( he is slowly starting to become a dependable star) & Priyanka’s variety along with a host of unknown stars . I m especially looking forward to the brilliant actor of Benagali Cinema Rajatva Dutta as well TZP writer Amol Gupte as part of this largely unknown ensemble cast & who the hell is that actor with Shahid in the song . clearly a lot of new actors will be discoveried after this movie releases . its going to be an epic .

2.LOVE AAJ KAL (releasing 31st July)
Imitiaz ali the name itself signifies quality ,so doesn’t matter who he picks as actors , I want to watch his movies . His takes are fresh & original ( damn those people who are calling this one a copy , why would he do it now after getting a success from originality) the first look is superb & bold , so is Saif’s Punjabi look .the music is different & superb . I just keen to see what he does with Deepika who is not known to be a performer . After the first 2 his take on love stories is always welcome as the others are bogus as is mentioned in his promo –‘yeh heer Ranja , Romeo Juliet sab logao ko chutiya banane ke liye hai’

3.ALADIN ( Diwali Release supposedly)
This has been one long wait , but I don’t think that I m going to miss this one . the name Aladin itself alarmed me as Aladin &his genie are my favorite cartoon characters . So Sujoy’s modern day adaptationhas to be well made as there are many like me who have grown up on Aladin stories . What has interested me more is his blog on Aladin where he has shared some wonderful articles on the making . his blog shows he is top writer , so my expectations are high from Sujoy’s modern day fantasy as far as the script is concerned

4.BLUE(diwali release)
Now this too has been a long time . India’s first underwater film has Akshay the best action star in India in it . So obviously this one will be a far cry from his recent B grade entertainers . Some of the photos I have seen on the web of this movie has excited me more than enough . With Lara & sanjay & a budget of 100 crores as well as a adman AnthonyD souza helming , it is bound to be well shot . I just hope it has a script as most action filmmakers tend to forget that aspect .

5.AASHAYEIN (not announced)
Another late comer , but I am a huge Kukunoor fan & hope he reclaim lost glory post Tasveer after this . This film is of a genre of human drama that Kukunoor has always specializes in Dor , Iqbal plus John recent improvement & the claim of it to be his best performance till date has relay has me excited . The first promo which was out quite a long time back has got me even more excited . Hope it releases soon

So here is my list . if you have your own list please mention it . The more the better .

2 comments:

Teddymozu said...

There are good zoos and there are dysfunctional zoos. My letter follows below.

Birchard said...

There are good zoos and there are dysfunctional zoos. My letter follows below.